Wednesday, October 19, 2011

School time

The fall is here and it will soon become colder and one morning it will be a white world outside. I dont like when it is cold. Specially not when I have to get up in the morning. I´m one of those people who likes to lie in a warm bed.
Some days are unfortunately really early. I have to be at school at eight a clock in the morning.
This semester I´m taking an extra English course. I know i need it :-S and i hope it will be easier for you all to read my blog. I sometimes use the Swedish grammar when i write English. I´m happy that so many of you understand my Swenglish (or haven´t complained to mush)....
At the moment we do a Author report. I have chosen to write about Charlaine Harris.

Charlaine Harris was born 1951 in Tunica, Mississippi, in the south USA. She was up to recently a pastor in her hometown church in southern Arkansas where she lives with her husband, three children and as she herself says: "a House full of rescue dogs."
Charlaine has been writing mystery novels for over thirty years, published for the first time in 1981 with Sweet and Deadly. A secret rage was her next published work in 1984 before a five year long break after the birth of her first child.

In 1990 she got the first book in the Aurora Teagarden series published and it ended containing eight books. The series was a kind of murder mystery novel series starring Aurora Teagarden a professional Liberian in Georgia.
The next novel series was published in 1996 and is a five part series with a darker mystery feel to it. This series is named Lily Bard or the Shakespeare series after the girl Lily Bard in the books or Shakespeare after where it´s set, in Shakespeare, Arkansas.
Her most famous and her most recent work is The Southern Vampire Mysteries series about Sookie Stackhouse, who is a telepathic waitress who lives in Northern Louisiana. In the first book Sookie meets and later falls in love with her neighbor, the vampire Bill Compton. This is the books that the TV-serie True Blood by Alan Ball was based on.

I will also do a book report of her latest book in the "The Southern Vampire Mysteries series". Dead reckoning is the eleventh book in the series and I hope it is just as good as the others.



Perhaps I should do a "Sookie" or a vampire photoshot? What do you think?



Photo: Jörgen Storm, 2011
Model & Graphics: Anunnaki

0 kommentarer:

Like

Follow me on

Twitter feed

Followers

Donate

If you like my pictures, feel free to donate. ;)

Anunnaki- Official fan site

Networkedblogs

Categories

tools